IV Therapy Clinic in Edgewater, MD
IV infusion therapy emerges as a dynamic and adaptable medical intervention, catering to a wide range of health needs and objectives. By directly administering nutrients, medications, or fluids into the bloodstream, this method offers not only efficiency but also a personalized approach to patient care. Consult Dr. Nasser Nasseri, MD, and his dedicated team at Jean Walter Infusion Center for IV therapy. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 3168 Braverton St., Suite 330A, Edgewater, Md 21037.
Table of Contents:
IV therapy is a highly versatile approach that can be used for various reasons, including:
• Improving hydration – IV therapy is the fastest way to treat severe dehydration. If you are dehydrated due to illness or inadequate fluid intake, an IV can be started by a healthcare professional to increase your hydration and enhance your electrolyte balance.
• Delivering medications – Certain medications can be conveniently administered through IV therapy. Through this approach, the medication can reach the bloodstream without going through the digestive tract, mitigating side effects such as nausea.
• Nutritional support – Vitamin IV therapy is used to deliver high concentrations of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants into the body. This treatment is great for those with chronic deficiencies or want to enhance their general wellness.
• Acute illness, hangover, or jet lag relief – Due to the benefits IV therapy provides, it is commonly sought out to alleviate symptoms of certain acute illnesses, such as the common cold or stomach flu. Additionally, if you are experiencing jet lag or a hangover, IV therapy can reduce your symptoms and help you feel more ready for the day ahead.
• Chronic condition management – IV therapy can be used as part of chronic condition management to reduce fatigue, administer medications, and avoid certain side effects.
IV therapy is beneficial for a broad range of people. The largest category of people who can benefit from IV therapy are those affected by severe dehydration. This can be caused by inadequate water intake, excessive sweating or urination, diarrhea, vomiting, or fever. If you get sick easily, an IV infusion can provide you with immune-boosting components, such as vitamin C and selenium.
In addition, those who are living with a chronic condition can also benefit from IV therapy. Many people find that when their medications are administered via IV rather than orally, they experience significantly fewer digestive side effects. The infusion will be tailored with your health history and current symptoms in mind to deliver comprehensive effects.
While IV therapy is commonly used to manage symptoms, it is also popular for general wellness purposes. If you want to boost your energy levels and feel your best, IV vitamin therapy could be the treatment you’ve been looking for!
To start your treatment, you will have to undergo a consultation session. In this appointment, you will meet your healthcare professional. They will discuss your medical history with you and may perform a blood test to determine which components to include in your infusion.
Once it’s time for your infusion, you will be provided with a comfortable chair for your session. It’s encouraged to bring along a book, podcast, relaxing playlist, or a mobile game to keep you occupied during your infusion. The healthcare professional will disinfect the IV site and insert the IV catheter. Generally, the infusion process lasts between 20 and 45 minutes.
Throughout your infusion, all you can do is relax. Some people choose to take a nap, while others watch a movie to distract themselves. A healthcare professional will monitor you during the process and remove the IV once you are finished.
Generally speaking, you should continuously hydrate yourself with water to avoid getting to the point that you require an IV. However, there are various circumstances in which it becomes difficult to do so, and IV fluids become necessary. If your symptoms are mild, such as a minor headache or slight nausea, it’s recommended that you try to drink more water to alleviate them. On the other hand, if you are experiencing severe symptoms or you can’t keep fluids down, you should seek IV treatment to feel better as quickly as possible.
In summary, you shouldn’t give up drinking your fluids just because they can easily be replenished by an IV. If you find yourself dealing with severe dehydration, IV therapy is the fastest way to address your symptoms and make you feel less sick.
IV infusion therapy stands out as a versatile and responsive medical intervention, addressing diverse health needs with precision. The immediate effects distinguish IV therapy, highlighting its pivotal role in contemporary healthcare for providing customized and timely medical solutions. for more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 3168 Braverton St., Suite 330A, Edgewater, Md 21037. We serve patients from Edgewater MD, Riva MD, Davidsonville MD, Annapolis MD, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services We Offer
- Infusion Therapy
- Injection Treatments
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin Therapy
- Medical Conditions
- Crohn’s Disease
- Inflammatory Eye Disease
- Inflammatory Skin Disease
- Iron Deficiency
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- PRP Therapy